Sunday, September 4, 2011

Motivational Talk

Guess I've failed to keep my blog updated as stated on my previous entry. Instead of searching for another lame excuses (bust with work for instance), maybe I should just update something here right?

I got myself a book recently during the book fest - 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself - and I want to make sure I remember some of the things I read. Take it as a short revision for myself. I don't know how long I can maintain this but let's just hope I'll have the determination to finish off the whole book and have something here too.

I've always been an emotional boy and always thing side ways whereby I relate almost everything to the negative reason. This is not really good and it does more or less effect the way people think about me. Guess they are getting bored cheering me up and I figure I should at least do something to help myself. If I don't have the determination to help myself, who else can help me?

Let me begin by sharing the first 10 chapters I've read today:

1. Get on your deathbed
To simplify what I've read, it basically tells that you need to appreciate your life and not waste a single second of it. Fully spend your life as though today's your last day and be motivated to work on everything you've planned on. Quoting from the little book as stated by the author: "People living deeply have no fear of death".

2. Stay hungry
Everyone should have a vision for himself. A vision of what he will be in the future and start acting towards it. It's better than you have no vision at all and it can always changed at the later stage of life. It's never late to create the vision.

3. Tell yourself a true lie
Apparently most of us cannot image who we could be in the future, we can then try to fantasize about something/someone we wanted to turn into in the future. Our mind will then subconsciously begin creating the necessary blueprint, and we will act towards it. "Without the picture of your highest self, you can live into that self. Fake it till you make it. The lie will become the truth."

4. Keep your eyes on the prize
We tend to focus the wrong thing when we are trying to achieve our goal. If we worry about the negative possibilities whenever we are working on something, we will never get to it. Most of the time we are distracted by our fears and worries, but when you focus on what you want, it will come into your life. "When you focus to be a happy and motivated person, that is who you will be."

5. Learn to sweat in peace
The harder you push yourself, the easier you will find the later in your life. Challenge yourself, fight through your fear, push yourself through and you will find it easier to handle the issue later. "If you've something hard to do and you are hesitant to do it, pick up something harder to do that first."

6. Simplify your life
By simplifying you life, you tend to see things clearer and you know what you want at the end of the day. It would be much easier for you to do things. "It's hard to be aggressive when you are confuse", try not to drag your time to finish a task, get it done as soon. "It's hard to stay motivated when you are confuse. When you simplify your life, it gathers focus. The more you can focus, the more motivated it gets."

7. Look for the lost gold
Who we are is what we see. If you are happy you see things happily; if you are depress you feel people around you are sad. You have the choice to decide what you're getting/seeing. Your chances will multiply if you see it coming.

8. Push all your own button
Learn from everything you can. Whoever inspires you - people, music, movie - note it down on a note book. Read the book a few months later and try to get back the same inspiration from them and try to motivate yourself by that. Learn how to bring yourself up, motive yourself. You can decide who you want to be, by focusing all positive energy towards you, you will learn to be a focus and motivated person.

9. Build a track record
Have a note book to track all your progresses, your work. Make sure you get it done and with that, you will know that you can finish everything you start. You will be more confident with proves stated on your notebook. You will be a person with better confident.

10. Welcome the unexpected
Never relate creative to "original" as no one is "original". Instead, you should be unexpected. "If you are willing to see yourself as creative, you can begin to cultivate it in everything you do. You can start coming up with all kinds of unexpected solutions to the challenges that life throws you."

I believe there are grammatical errors above. But it's okay, the most important thing is, as long as I understand what I am expressing now. But do correct me if you find any mistakes, it's all about learning, no?

0 inner voice(s):