Friday, January 21, 2011

The day I turn 22



Well, obviously it's not today. It was 3 days ago on the 18th. So what I initially planned to do was to have a simple birthday, celebrate all by myself. I did not ask anyone out or ask for dinner, to me I thought I can have some quite time by myself, to be myself.

Who know the night before my birthday, my friends came over to my place and gave me a surprise visit. They've got my house mate to keep me a secret and make sure I'm home. And when they knock on the door, my house mate even asked me to go open the door. It was a planned surprise, and I am happy they did that for me. Thanks guys.

However, the next day, on my birthday, I still gone out alone as I've planned. First stop, was to the Botanic Garden.



Why Botanic Garden you might ask. Well, I was surfing the net the other day and I found a blog entry about the Botanic Garden. From it, I realized that I have not been to some of the spots in the garden even though I've already visited it for a few times (well it's a rather big area so it's not surprise that I've missed out a few area).

I was right. The photographs above, is one of the miss-out spots - the rose garden. There are quite a few more places, and some look really sophisticated!

Off for lunch at Myer basement @ Shogun.



After lunch, I walked all the way to the Elder Park. I've been to this park for a few different occasion, for Million Paws Walk charity event, while volunteering for Moon Lantern Festival and during my friend's graduation ceremony, all happened last year but I never been to the opposite site of the park.

Also, I've seen photographs taken opposite the park and it sort of gave me idea to do some photo shoot at the same place. Hence there I went, and photograph above is one of the photographs taken opposite the park, showcasing the park and some buildings behind, across the river.

It was still quite early to move on to my next destination, so I decided to take a chill under the tree, looking through the beautiful landscape and wait for the suitable time to leave.



As I reached Glenelg Beach, it was still so sunny. I've decided to walk along the beach, towards the housing area on the left. There were quite a number of people playing on the beach, some are doing exercise along the road and these are the life I would like to go for.

How wish I can stay longer in Adelaide. How wish I can come here one year earlier and get to experience a different kind of experience. Who knows, maybe I can get a good job and also a PR too? But it's all a dream now, a dream that I wish it will happen, one day.

Glenelg was so hot that day, and the sun was still up high even at 8pm. Plus, my camera's battery and memory space gone low, hence I've to call it a day. Initially thought of taking the sun set scene, but guess I'll have to go again another time.

It's overall a wonderful time I've spent with myself that day, and I totally enjoy it! It worths a lot to see the results you got from your camera and computer.

3 inner voice(s):

Ken Wooi said...

really nice pics.. love the blue sky.. and happy belated birthday :)

JC said...

Thanks Ken for the comment and birthday wish!

Nadia said...

omg jason, I love your great idea to be alone in birthday and I bet you really had a wonderful experience! will visit there one day essp the botanical garden. and yeah, how I wish I would stay in Adelaide longer, or I should come early :)