Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Cut-Away

"click on me"


Guess I need to do a better coverage on this if I really want to promote my new blog. So yes people, since I have a D-SLR (been bragging about it for so long) and I wanted to improve my skills (in a way), I've created a new blog just to post photographs I took.

I believe I will check my old entries in the future and hopefully I will see improvement in my skills. So people, come visit and link it if you wish to. Do leave comments and let me know how should I improve on my composition or whatnot.

Thank you.

p.s. You may access to the new blog by clicking on the teaser above.

------------------------------

About The Cut-Away (retrieved from http://thecutaway.blogspot.com/2009/08/about.html)

Why “The Cut-Away”? Actually, this is a production term, which has the meaning of “take you away from the scene momentarily, and back to the scene again”. I applied it here and used it as my blog title with one intention, hoping that my photos and messages will bring you away from the real world momentarily before you continue with your daily routine.

Even though the photos are not really that good, yet, I believe I will manage to get better shots in the future. Being a new user is never easy since there are lots of things for me to learn from my SLR. Hope I can master it as soon as possible and get more lenses in order to capture good photos.

To side-track a bit here, I actually gave my camera a name and treating him like my own brother, I named him Derrick. I seriously need to take good care of him and I cannot bear loosing him. I know, my action is kinda naive, but what to do when this is my property? A gift that was given by my parents?

Thank you mummy! Thank you daddy! I'll take good care of Derrick!

Anyways, let's carry on. After reconsidering about it, I think it would be better if I post only 5 photographs maximum per entry, just to show, perhaps, the best instead of spamming the whole blog with photographs.

However, who knows what will happen in the future? I might change my mind or just upload a few photographs more. But till then, the remaining photos will be uploaded to my Flickr account. The link is located on top of the blog, click on it and you will be transported to my account right away!

I have been repeating that I am just a starter and might not able to get the perfect shots at all (again, I am learning). So please forgive me if some of the colour tone and composition looks odd to you. Just so you know, I might edit some photos by changing the brightness and contrast just like the photograph above. So it might look more attractive and perhaps to cover off the flaws.

2 inner voice(s):

Jean said...

but you'll still udpate this blog wont you? hapy raya!

ps you're invited to comment on my post too =)

Ken Wooi said...

all the best in your new photography blog.. =)

kenwooi.com